Mike Pence’s Toms River Rally Has Been CANCELED

Indiana Governor Mike Pence, the running mate of GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, has canceled his planned Ocean County campaign appearance scheduled for this Monday, campaign sources confirmed Saturday.

pencecover

Andrea Patti, the Ocean County Chairwoman of the Donald Trump presidential campaign confirmed that the Monday evening Toms River rally and fundraiser featuring Governor Pence has been canceled.

“The event on Monday in Toms River has in fact been canceled,” she said in an email statement to Ocean County Politics Saturday afternoon. Ms. Patti added that she has not yet heard if the canceled rally and fundraiser will be rescheduled.

According to Republican sources, Ocean County GOP event organizers are attributing the cancellation to “scheduling conflicts” on the part of Pence, despite invitations for the fundraising event being sent out as early as last week, as we reported then.

The move to cancel the event comes in the wake of the release of a shocking video detailing remarks made by Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump in which the candidate was recorded making extremely vulgar sexual comments about women.

Governor Pence was forced to respond to the contents of the leaked video, which was first published by The Washington Post and the Republican vice-presidential candidate issued a written statement.

Donald Trump

Donald Trump

“As a husband and father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the eleven-year-old video released yesterday,” Pence wrote. “I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them. I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people. We pray for his family and look forward to the opportunity he has to show what is in his heart when he goes before the nation tomorrow night.”

NBC News reported earlier Saturday that in the wake of the video, Pence canceled another campaign stop in Wisconsin, presumably in response to the PR disaster that has erupted in the 24 hours since the video’s release.

Gavin Rozzi

Gavin Rozzi is the editor of Ocean County Politics and a lifelong Ocean County resident, residing in Lacey Township. Gavin's work centers on the intersection of money and politics in Ocean County, with a focus on public corruption. In 2017 he created New Jersey's first statewide freedom of information portal, OPRAmachine.com. He can be reached via email at editor@politicsoc.com or via phone at (732)-504-3636 ext. 1 or on encrypted phone / text app Signal.

You may also like...

47 Responses

1. guest says:

We know why it was cancelled. Trump is toast.

• Trump Hat says:

So vote for the rape enabler and the her rapist husband?

• Mercy Otis Warren says:

No—do not vote. Remove your consent.

• USAFWX says:

Please vote for whomever you think best represents you! To not vote is to give consent for whatever our Government does, good or bad! To not vote is to give up your rights!

• Mercy Otis Warren says:

I do not want anyone representing me. And I will not vote — for the following reasons: 1. I do not believe in the system so I will only participate in it to the extent necessary to keep myself out of jail. Government is a fancy word for the legalization of otherwise immoral behavior. 2. Voting indicates that I consent to be ruled — which I do not. 3. I am morally responsible for what that person does if I vote. I have made that mistake before as a foolish youth and will not make it again. Your middle sentience is a complete logical fallacy. 4. It makes no difference because politicians do not really even run the show. Rich people do.

• USAFWX says:

“Your middle sentience is a complete logical fallacy.”

How so? If you do not vote, you are essentially giving up and thus giving up your rights. You are saying the Government can do what it wants and I don’t care. You are silencing your voice.

“4. It makes no difference because politicians do not really even run the show. Rich people do.”

The only way to change that ( I agree with you especially with the two party system we have) is to vote out incumbents. However, when the challenger to the incumbent is just as bad, the only thing to do is write in a person (yourself, brother, mother, idle, etc….). Our founders made a representative government because they knew that Government has flaws but total democracy was essentially anarchy and anarchy doesn’t work in civilized society. Although it is flawed, it is the best government system out there and it gives the most freedoms of any other form of government.

I fought for that right (and responsibility) to vote for whom represents me and I will not so easily give that up by choosing not to vote.

• Mercy Otis Warren says:

I am not giving up. I am protesting. I would not spend so much time on this forum if I was giving up. The simple fact of the matter is that I will not lend my moral support to candidates that are this bad within the framework of a system that is this corrupt. Again, you have zero basis for saying that society can not flourish without the violence of forced association. It is simply not true. And we do not have the best government. It was a good try and probably one of the better formulations — as far as governments go. But it is almost entirely gone. And we are not the freest country in the world anymore; not even close. Most major think tanks will support this. And I do not mean to sound like a jerk, but you did not fight for my right to vote. Iraq never posed a threat to my right to vote. You fought for the financial and oil industries. At this juncture in history, I do not think this country can be saved by a person. Like the Roman Empire, it has reached its terminus. It will die a natural (or unnatural if the lunatic in Washington decide to engage the Russians in Syria tomorrow) death and those who are not casualties of that death will start over. It is the nature of things.

2. Tommy Mathis says:

Maybe Juan and Stevie can get him a job at the DMUA since both him and Trump are going to be toxic in November.

• guest says:

I thought that tag team only hired there kids over at that place?

• Cuddy says:

The MUA dynamic duo.

• Brick Tuckian says:

I for one cannot believe those two are still around and together no less running the Toms River Water Authority. We used to live in Brick, when those two would strut around town hall. Looks like they have been sent to Bricks southern neighboring town. Mayor Tom, what gives?

3. Trump Hat says:

Trump has this in the bag, he is even going to win New Jersey in November, this is the best the Hillary camp can come up with? Jeez, what a bunch of losers. Lets talk about Hillary’s two positions, her Public position, where she tells the rubes that she call supporters one thing and her private position what she is really going to do to her big money backers on wall street.

But the media ignores that, Trump said a naughty word 12 years ago, stop the presses!

Vote Trump, lets take back our country from the corrupt establishment elites

• guest says:

Yea ok. Do you really think Trump will take, Hudson County? Essex County? Camden County? Passaic County? North Jersey Counties where most of the population is.

• Trump Hat says:

no, but he doesn’t need to, their voter turnout will be lower, Obama isn’t running, and Hillary is a corrupt evil person who should not be anywhere need the presidency. I would not expect Obama numbers for this election.

Will blacks support a sickly woman who calls all blacks “super predators”?

I doubt it, there goes Hudson, Esses, Union, Camden, Mercer counties etc…..

This election is going to be about turnout

Trump’s supporters will climb a mountain to vote for him

Hillary’s will have to think about getting off the couch…… I have a feeling they are going to stay put on their sofas

• arc99 says:

The question is will blacks support a political party which celebrates as an “accomplishment” gutting the legacy of Martin Luther King, the Voting Rights Act. Rest assured black folks will have no trouble getting off the couch, climbing mountains, wading through swamps, or crossing the desert at high noon to vote and make sure Donald J. Trump comes nowhere near the White House without a ticket for the tour.

I know this because I know quite a few black people, starting with my family and in-laws.

And I have to wonder if the people spouting the nonsense about Hillary’s health are aware that President Franklin D Roosevelt was stricken by polio and served his entire term confined to a wheelchair. I think it is safe to say that Mr. Roosevelt was up to the job.. But Hillary is somehow suspect because she may have a cough? Hillary haters are getting desperate. Pathetically so…

• Mercy Otis Warren says:

Hilary is suspect because her policies are horrendous. Other than mildly respecting the 4th Amendment as it applies to law enforcement (not the CIA and NSA becasue she is in favor of spying on the American people), she has little to no respect for the Constitution. FDR did not either.

• USAFWX says:

As a black man, you should know that the Democrat Party was the party that fought against ending slavery, fought against school integration, fought against civil liberty. You should also know that once they lost those battles, they changed tactics and promised things such as welfare, free education, etc… You should know that even though they say these things are free and good for the black man, it is another form of servitude which the Democrats have a long history of doing!

• whiskytime says:

Cliche fest droning. You are pre eminently stupid!

4. Trump Hat says:

Just an FYI to the author, Pence has two other rallies he is attending on Monday, one in North Carolina and one in Virginia. So he might have been “overbooked” and might not be able to make the ocean county one. I would have liked to see him there, but oh well, things happen

5. Freedom of Speech has died says:

Pence lol a bible thumper just like Bush who found God in the bottom of a toilet

6. guest says:

I wonder what the real reason this event was cancelled?

• Rusty Writer says:

Lack of donor interest in Trump, just like the many other fundraisers canceled across the nation the past 5 days. With Trump declaring war on the GOP today, look for lots more cancelations ahead.

7. Freedom of Speech has died says:

Maybe Pence didn’t have the cash to help pay Happy and Gregs tax liens?

8. Mercy Otis Warren says:

I thought a very funny and sad aspect about the last debate was when Trump addressed the question about Russia and Syria. Pence — being the warmonger that he is (much like GW Bush) — would jump headlong right into the Syrian quagmire, perhaps bringing about a nuclear holocaust with Russia. Surprisingly the usually belligerent Trump is more reserved on this issue. He said he and Pence did not talk about this and that he disagrees with his VP pick on this issue. Perhaps he should have thought about this before picking a neocon like Pence.

9. Old guy says:

Maybe Pence cancelled because MacArthur is not supporting Trump?

• USAFWX says:

Pence has said he doesn’t think what Trump said in the video was very good but still intends to vote for him according to the Asbury Park Press. I suspect it was canceled to try and quell the storm the video caused or they know NJ is no longer in play for the general election.

They should know that NJ hasn’t been in play for the Republican Party since 1988.

10. Rusty Writer says:

Many fundraisers for Trump were cancelled (New Jersey, Nebraska, Wisconsin) in the past week due to ‘lack of donor interest’ as the Trump campaign slides into war with the GOP. Trump is a traitor to his own party.

• Mercy Otis Warren says:

I hate Trump, but that is a stupid statement. The modern GOP abandoned this country to the internationalists 40 years ago. Any division and death that meets them is well deserved.

• Rusty Writer says:

You closeted Trumpettes think facts are stupid, lol. I am so happy you are pushing the GOP civil war and justifying more of it to your fellow bigots in the Trumpette cause. I am for Hillary and love watching you self-destructive idiots destroy each other – to the death of the GOP.

• Mercy Otis Warren says:

Someone voting for Hillary just called me an idiot. Now that is funny and ironic.

• Molly Stein says:

Oh Mercy, has the definition of the word ironic changed? Does it now mean “accurate?”

You know the key to surviving the SS Trumptanic is to acknowledge the ship made from cheap Chinese steal has hit an iceberg… Don’t be that rotund New Jersey waiter, that Lyin’ Canadian-born Cubano-Tejano TrumpCuck, or that crazy Alaskan political tourist. Those knaves will go down with “unsinkable” dingy.

• Mercy Otis Warren says:

I can tell that you think you are smarter than the rest of us with this post, but clearly you have not done your homework. A) I do not support Trump. B) Hillary Clinton is an enemy of freedom and hence an enemy of mine. C.) Chinese steal is not cheap. It used to be, but it is not anymore. They are smarter than you give them credit for. And you are delusional if you think the election of either of these buffoons will change anything. If Hillary wins, the international oligarchs win. In the extremely unlikely event that Trump wins, he will either sell out and the international oligarchs will win or he will meet the same fate as JFK. But keep up the illusion if it makes you happy.

11. guest says:

Governor Christie will be history and not in office within a year. It’s a good bet the Democrats will take over the governor’s seat. Ocean County I think is the last GOP County in its entirety in the state of New Jersey. However, I hear and read about cracks and a few of the GOP establishment and local R clubs throughout the county. It’s just a matter of time before it falls apart and the powers that run the county have a changeover from majority GOP to more democratic towns.

• Gavin Rozzi says:

Just look at a town like Little Egg Harbor. Properly organized, they could be the next Brick. The one thing holding the Dems back is they can’t compete in terms of the fundraising machinery needed to finance campaigns, which is the OC GOP’s strong point.

• guest says:

Spot on , Brick seems to be moving along just fine since the last “show” left to run a certain agency in Toms River. Due to the fact the R’s appoint all of the professionals around the towns , of course they have the money to spread about.

• USAFWX says:

Really? Little Egg Harbor could be the next Brick? God I hope not!

• guest says:

No really, the last 2 R’s that ran Brick, have set their tent up over at the TRMUA. I hear it is quite a show.

• USAFWX says:

I am talking about how Brick is. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemies! Traffic congestion, endless shopping malls, etc….

12. Old guy says:

Pence is out fundraising in New Jersey for (MacArthur’s) Republican Congressional race. The Paul Ryan Pupet – MacArthur came out against Trump and is it a surprise; “Trump told MacArthur to get lost”. Good for you Mr. Trump!

MacArthur is nothing but a puppet of the Republican Establishment Machine. So I’m also voting for the Democratic Candidate Fred LaVerngne.

As concerned citizens we need to look at the whole picture.

• Freedom of Speech has died says:

Can you tell us one policy that Trump has?
      And you support him why?
      Nothing he says will ever happen He cant win
      too bad though the RepubliCons want to take your SS and Medicare I d like to see it then you could join a Militia in order to get it back

• USAFWX says:

“I support Trump, but only if he has a Democratic House and Senate to balance him.”

Ummm, Trump was (and still is) a liberal from NYC. having Republicans in Congress is the best thing should Trump become President.