The following is a reply brief submitted on behalf of the County of Ocean in response to a lawsuit filed against it by a former prosecutor’s office detective. This document was referenced in a previous article and was obtained in response to an Open Public Records Act request filed with the county.
Details about the basis of the lawsuit can be found in previous OCP articles, including:
- Detective’s Lawsuit Accuses Prosecutor, Senior Staff of Corruption Cover-Up
- Lawyers Postpone Mecka v. Coronato Hearing for Third Time; Appeal Tribunal Clears Mecka
- The Mecka Files: What Was Fired Detective Investigating in Little Egg Harbor?
- Little Egg Officials, Political Lawyers: Investigate Identities of Whistleblowers
- Judge Refuses to Toss Former Detective’s Whistleblower Lawsuit Against Prosecutor Coronato, Ocean County